Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hi and Hello There :)

I've recently been working on stockpiling for the 2 (possibly 3) consignment shops near by that are wiling to sell my cards.  I'm making the same cards in groups of 8 or 10 just to give myself some quantity to take to these stores instead of just one card here and there.  I'm also thinking of selling packs of the same card for a discount but I'd have to price that out.  They definitely would be on the more simpler side.

So here's the cards I've been working on.  This first one was fun to make.  The side by side comparison shows the original on the left and mine on the right. I don't have any incolor DSP or smoky slate buttons so I couldn't add that.  I just felt it was missing something so I asked some stamping friends online and a few suggested to put card stock behind the letters to make them more visible.  I also chose to use the sequins I just got on my last order.


Sometimes it's great to seek the wisdom of others :) even the bible says a wise man seeks council. 



Really like the final look!

I also make 10 of these pretty things :) my mom was here visitng and she let me borrow her By the Seashore stamp set and the hexagon die. I'm hoping these sell fast.  Afterall, I'm in Rhode Island - the ocean state!




the detail with the ribbon is easy -- just dusted off the good ol' sewing machine :)

I made a few more too that I'll post when I get a good picture.  I'll leave you with the final one I made yesterday.  I have been waiting to try this dazzling diamonds powder for awhile now. I think I am reluctant to use my embossing powders because my little ones don't like the sound of the heat gun.  Silly, I know... But I don't emboss for that reason. Oh yeah, and I'm lazy. :) but I wanted to bust it out and give it a try... I know now that I'll be making more! I used one of the new in colors (blue lagoon) and my stamp-ama-jig to line it up again when I stamped it with versamark.  A little heat n stick and the glitter and voila! One of my favorite cards to date! I also tried a new trick with the pompom made from the seam binding. You can follow the instructions on here (http://pinterest.com/pin/Aze_WQAQgFcAbYmT9KsAAAA/but I will just tell you now - I used a 1 3/8" circle with a 3/4" circle in the middle.  Otherwise the pompom will be huge and you'll use a ton of ribbon!!



That "hello there" is just plain cute - but even cuter with a little dazzle! 

Hope these cards inspired you! Feel free to check out my shop on etsy - PaperJoyRI

Thanks again for stopping by :) walk with The King today and be a blessing! 

- Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment