Friday, March 27, 2015

PP237: Your Perfect Day

Anyone else out there wait until the last minute to do something??  
This week's Paper Player's Challenge was posted here on Sunday.  I made a card on Monday but I just wasn't feeling it.  It needed something.  So I scratched the idea and decided last night around 9 that I would make a brand new card and submit it before noon today!  

Yes, I procrastinate!  

Nonetheless, the card is done and I like it more than I thought I would! :)

Here is the sketch for The Paper Players Challenge #237:


And here is the card I came up with:


The original card I made was the horizontal sketch, but when I started thinking about a vertical concept, the cake from Your Perfect Day came to mind.

I added a few flowers that punched out perfectly with the old itty bitty punches.  Much easier than fussy cutting :)


So there you go!  Better late than never.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

-Holly
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Holly, your card is beautiful! I love the DSP and the colors your choose! The sentient is perfect and the punched flowers are so pretty! So happy your joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Claire! I need to try more challenges!

      Delete
  2. Sweet, sweet card! Love that you turned the sketch and the colors are divine! Such a great way to use this stamp set! Thanks so much for sharing this and playing with my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Holly! I love how you flipped the sketch and used the cake image...perfect! These are such fabulous colors together. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete