Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Waters of Baptism...

A few weeks ago my friend Karishma ordered a few cards from me that she needed for April.  On Wednesday I asked her when she needed the baptism card and she said it was this Sunday!  I procrastinated and now here I was without the card made AND no idea what to do.  I don't own any stamps pertaining to baptism specifically, but I did have some current (and retired) biblical stamps.

Knowing that's all I had, I went to Pinterest to get some inspiration.  I found the punched out cross cards using the modern label punch.  I liked the idea, but wasn't sure I quite liked the look of the cross.  Then I remembered the PLxSU framelits and knew they'd work better for me.  

I was going to look for the woodsy paper in my adventure bound DSP stack.  As I flipped through I saw it!  Right there... WATER - waves of water :) it was perfect!!



I cut out the cross using one of the Project Life labels framelit.  To get the smaller piece across, I only ran it through halfway, flipped my platform and ran it halfway again.  I added dimensionals to give the card a little detail.  



The inside features a verse from the Blessings from Heaven (retired) and a strip of the same DSP.


I'm so glad it worked out like this! I hope you enjoyed this card! Don't forget to pin it, and thanks for stopping by!

-Holly


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment