Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Nautical Party for Bode!

Two weeks ago my friend came over and we prepped for her son's first birthday party.  She wanted to do a nautical theme (easy to do here in Rhode Island).  I showed her a few options and even found some inspiration for the food labels from the talented Teneale Williams.
 
She wanted to help too so I told her as long as she bought the supplies I wouldn't charge her.  We had a fun morning of stamping and let our little boys "crawl" around with each other.  I even told her that maybe I would just keep the nautical theme going and plan the same for Sam in June.  :)  My friend did the lettering on the food labels and I did the rest.  But trust me, she planned one fantastic first birthday party and her decor was the cutest!

Here's some of the decor we made:



The banner was easy to make - just punched out some circles, added tape and folded them over some Whisper White bakers twine.


The toothpick flags were simple too.  A girl at the party told me I could make these for Etsy and said she didn't even want to admit how much she paid for them for her son's party!


This is the little sign we made for the favor table.  I will miss the Skinny Mini Alphabet!


And do you recognize the adorable chalkboard banner?  It even looks cute hanging on an outhouse build in the 1800s :) This was the dessert table - the "Seaside Sweets" if you may...




I made the cookies Friday night and between my husband and kids, they almost didn't make it to the party!  Cookies are always fun to do, but I WISH I could claim this cake.  Oh my goodness.  Not only did the cake weigh like 25 pounds, it was sooooo good!  It was almost too nice to put the cake topper on too.  :)


Bode wasn't too sure about the cake at first.  It was a little windy that day and the hat I made him landed in some juice, so we didn't get a picture with him with the hat. Oh well... He's still cute! Here his family is helping him blow out the candle!




Look at those chubby hands covered in chocolate goodness :)  Love it!


And here are some more party pictures.

 Steph made the pallet and covered it with pictures of Bode throughout the year.  Isn't it adorable?!
Her mom made the adorable bunting!



Some "stuffies".  These were a first taste for me and they were awesome! 
Must be a New England thing!


 And here are just a few of the food labels.  They all looked great but (believe it or not) I was trying to keep this post as short as could be!  So here's a group shot of a few food items! :)


I hope you enjoyed the post!  I had such a blast helping Steph decorate Bode's party.  I couldn't have done it (as cute) without Stampin' Up! products - that's for sure!  I am not going to list everything I used for this party, but the stamp sets used were Sea Street and Skinny Mini Alphabet.  DSP was Maritime and twine colors were Whisper White and Coastal Cabana.

Thanks for stopping by!

-Holly

10 comments:

  1. OMG - you are amazingly talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Martie! I'll help you through that Lobstah bake :)

      Delete
  2. great! What a perfekt party with perfect paper decorations!!!! Love it! Hugs, Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doris! I had a fun time making it all!

      Delete
  3. Really cute ensemble you created for his birthday celebration! I'm sure your friend was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SHe loved it too Sara - thanks for the sweet comment and for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness...this is all so adorable. Of course so is little Bode! You are just amazing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're amazing too Tina! :) thank you - and yes, Bode is adorable!

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! I will have to remember to use this for my grandson's 2nd birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tina :) And yes, your grandson would love it!

      Delete