Wednesday, August 19, 2015

TGIFC16 - Herringbone Burst!

I'm back from a 2 week vacation at my parents house and let me just say - I came home to a clean craft desk that needed to be used.  It missed me! :)
 
Today I'm playing along with my favorite challenge blog - TGIF Challenges.  Make sure to check them out!
 
 
I first made a herringbone card that you can see further down.  Since I already had the strips cut, I thought I would put them to good use and play with the burst sketch.  This color combo was inspired by the PLxSU kit - Moments Like These.  Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron and Basic Black.
 
 
 
I love this hostess set - I didn't think I would use it much at first, but I'm so glad I decided to order it.  If you would like to earn this set yourself, contact me to find out how!
 
 
A little detail inside to make it extra special. :)
 
 
I hope you liked it!  Here is the card next to the herringbone card I made.
 
 
I had not tried this technique before, but Brian King made one this week and I had to try it out!  It's a great way to use up scraps.  Or if you are a DSP hoarder, it's a great way to cut it up!
 

 
 
Thanks for taking the time to swing by my blog!  I would love to hear from you :)
 
Also take a minute to check out my sister-in-law Nicki's little creation!  (I tagged her shop on my instagram.)  She made this adorable boston for my friend's little girl.



Card matches perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment