Thursday, August 27, 2015

"Be You" - TGIFC Throwdown #3

My mom and I share the love of stamping - it's a special bond.  We send each other pictures of cards asking for opinions, send each other pins, split paper and ribbon shares, and we share our stamps.  We live about 8-9 hours apart but always make time to stamp when we visit each other.  (Some days we wait until the night before I leave to cram in a stamp session :/ - not how I'd like it to be!)
 
I just returned from a visit and had the intentions if making a card for this month's Throwdown Challenge.  I don't have the Flower Patch stamp set and wanted to use my mom's set.  Well, we waited until 10pm the night before I left to stamp and I totally forgot!  (In fact, I almost forgot to use her Barnyard Babies set for my feature on CrushOnColour!) 

Then I remembered that when she visited my house last year, I stamped a few of the sentiments off!  They were in the bottom of a tin that I have in my stamp room! :) woohoo!!  Mom to the rescue again!

So here are the basket ingredients and pantry items for this month's challenge:   I promise, I did use Calypso Coral - my pictures make it look more pink! 

 

In case you were wondering, yes - you didn't see a framelit or punch on the list.  So here's the trick: to get the look of the butterfly, I embossed the silver glimmer paper and cut out the butterfly.  The easy way to see the line to cut is to turn the paper over and cut the white side.


I liked the look of these simple and quick mini cards so I made another one!  I added an "E" and cut up one of the sentiments.


 
Hope these inspire you to play along.  Head on over to see more at TGIF Challenges!  Have a great day!
 
-Holly
 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment: