Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Birthday Card for Judy - GDP015

I made this card last week for my dear friend, customer & "temporary beach house neighbor", Judy.  Judy tagged along with a friend to my stamp class about 7 months ago.  She reminded me so much of my mom and we became friends right away.  Then one day I was outside with the boys and I noticed a new family moving in to the beach rental next door.  It was Judy's daughter!  Judy spent 4 days out of the week babysitting her grandkids and we would hang out in the driveway while the boys rode their bikes and drew with chalk.  Of course we talked stamps!  I'm happy to have her as a friend! 
 
So since I wanted to wait to post this until she actually got her birthday card (her birthday is today!) I was happy to see that the new challenge over at the Global Design Project site is "celebrate".  I haven't played along in awhile because of our move, but I couldn't resist this fun theme.  Heck, I might play twice.
 

I'm loving this new set called "Number Of Years.  It comes with matching framelits which makes cutting the numbers out a breeze. 

 
It's been rainy here lately and I haven't been getting good indoor pictures.  I wish you could see this card in person.  The sentiment says "The number of years the world has been a better place because you're in it." - Cute, right??
 
A little lace doily, a Watermelon Wonder flower, twine... and oh yeah, that pretty sparkly Pool Party ribbon you see? - that'll be available Jan 5th too!  So many awesome products coming out soon!


 
I sure hope you like this card Ms. Judy  -  we miss you so!
 
And for the rest of you... thanks for stopping by! Head on over to the GDP site and see all of the other fantastic celebration ideas!
 
-Holly

9 comments:

  1. What is not to love about this card?! It is just beautiful and I am sure Judy thought so too. What a lovely friend you are Holly. I can see this becoming one of my personal favourite stamp sets! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....so sweet. I'm sure Judy loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most beautiful birthday cards I have ever seen. I know she will love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. Every single thing on it is perfect. I love the color combo and the sentiment really is great. Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, I love everything about your card Holly, this is my favourite product suite in the new seasonal, I want it ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Holly! I just love this stamp set, and I love how you've showcased it here. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Celebrate Theme Challenge for the Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every aspect of this card is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly, your card was so beautiful that I pretty much copied it and made a birthday card for my mother . She is going to be 82 this week and I know she is going to love this card as much as I do! Thank you for sharing your beautiful idea !

    ReplyDelete