Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sophisticated Script & Suite Sayings - Mixing It Up for FabFri83 & GDP029

I'm doubling everything up today!  TWO posts, TWO different stamp companies mixing TWO sentiment sets and TWO challenges in this post... I actually had time to stamp last night! Yay!

I first saw this sketch a few days ago and loved the simplicity.  Both of the cards are using this sketch.  I may have stretched it a little, but it's just how I interpreted the sketch :)


I had just received my Sophisticated Script stamp set from Concord & 9th on Monday and couldn't wait to try it out.  I'm a pretty loyal SU! girl - never blogged about any other stamp set, but I absolutely loved this calligraphy look.  Heck, maybe SU! will come out with something very similar in the new catalog!  


I also love the sentiment set called Suite Sayings in the Occasions catalog.  Here I took the "for being you" part and added the thanks from the Sophisticated Script set.  Those letters lined up so easily!


For the second card using the Fab Friday sketch, I paired the colors from the Global Design Project blog. I'll be honest and say that I got these colors out, glanced at the (already great) submissions and thought "nah... I'll skip this week".  But later on that night I decided to make one more card mixing the C&9th set and the Suite Sayings and thought I'd make this a card I could give to my hubby. 

I do love the orange and it reminded me of my husband's orange Jeep.  I decided to add the chevron embossed layer to look like tire tracks and the sentiment... well, it speaks for itself.

The colors are a great masculine combo, but I did add some Wink of Stella to the word "smiles" just for fun!

Here I stamped the "smiles" out in Bermuda Bay first.  Then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the "my heart" and "just thinking of you".  

I'm happy with how they both turned out and hope they inspire you to mix things up!  

Make sure to head on over to Fab Friday and the Global Design Project blogs to check out all of the great inspiration!

See you back here Friday for another TGIF Challenge!

-Holly



20 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the script on that concord & 9th set too Holly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I feel like it's a set that will get plenty of use!

      Delete
  2. Awesome use of the colours Holly! The stripes, texture and splatters work so well together without overwhelming the card. Very clever. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so lovely! Your sentiments are perfectly paired, your colors really set them off. Love those textured strips in the second card! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! Alway enjoy the fab Friday challenges!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty cards!! I love the color combo on the smiles card!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I like the oval sentiment panel on the first for sure...you can definitely still see our sketch there. And the embossing and creative use of the sentiment on the second card are great details! Thanks for sharing both cards at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda!! It's a great sketch for everyday stamping!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love this card, Holly! Such a vibrant use of color and showcase of this sentiment (love how you split it up and swapped out the word "smiles"). Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's GDP Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brian! So glad you like it! Maybe you could get some pull in SU for a polymer calligraphy set :) hehe

      Delete
  7. I love the color combo and that embossing folder. Great mix of products for a loving card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wink of stella goes with everything - even a masculine combo! Great job! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista! Atleast I know not to use real glitter with my husbands cards. Haha! #hedhateme

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! Do you have a blog? I was looking to no avail!

      Delete
  10. Love, Love, Love your cards!!! You always make me smile when I see what you have created!!! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both adorable! I love the use of the oval and that card is elegant without being fussy. The other one is just happy and fun and I love the splatters! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete