Friday, May 27, 2016

TGIFC57 - Pick Your Favorite: Teresa Kline spotlight!

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful week!  I'm so glad I have been able to share some new and exciting product with you this week!  If you missed my Affectionately Yours DSP highlight, make sure you go back a few posts!

It's Friday, which means another fun challenge over at TGIF Challenges!  Since it is the last week of the month, we will be picking our favorites from the month of May here at TGIF for inspiration. A designer's card, winner's card or a favorite challenger's card...

   
This week I chose Teresa Kline's card from TGIFC54 - her blog is Paperie Blooms:


The thing that really drew me in was the textured look of the tag.  I love the crackled look!  Teresa used a stamp and well... I don't have that stamp, so I had to get creative.  

This. was. easy. peasy.
I promise.


I took a piece of paper from my kiddo's art stash (computer paper is a good thickness) and crumpled it up.  Holding the paper wad tight, I just simply stamped it like a stamp!

I chose the color combo from the challenge over at Global Design Project
Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe & Island Indigo!

I chose The Wilderness Awaits for my stamp set.  I haven't used it enough!

Two things retiring here: the awesome cotton ribbon and the It's My Party enamel dots. I am happy that Stampin' Up! is coming out with more enamel dots, so I don't have to be upset about those!


I decided to take my Island Indigo marker and color the fox's eyes blue.  I also added a little shimmer on the eyes with my Wink of Stella, but you can't really set it up close.


The inside is pretty simple too but I wanted to carry this fun background over.



I hope that you were able to learn something new today!  Thank you Teresa for inspiring my card today and for playing along with TGIF Challenges!

Make sure to stop by our site to see all of the DT's creations this week!

Happy Friday!
-Holly 

8 comments:

  1. You are seriously the most fabulously creative person I know! I adore this card and love your crumpled paper stamping technique. I can guarantee I'll need to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love! The crumpled paper was perfect and I love the colors you chose. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren't you super clever?! Amazing technique and what a result! Love this card to bits Holly. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs a stamp when you can DIY it with paper! Stunning background for a stunning card Holly. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly - this is such a great image for these colors. Love this fun technique, too! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, you always blow me away with your creative thinking, loving the background effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is amazing, very clever too! what a fun surprise....YAY..thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you did the background--a really great card.

    ReplyDelete