Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Creation Station Blog Hop - Masculine Birthdays!


Wow! Can you believe it is officially May?? Welcome to our monthly hop with the Creation Station!  If you came from the lovely Kimberly Van Diepen's blog, thank you so much for continuing on to me!  She's a tough act to follow!  Make sure you make your way around the entire hop - you won't be disappointed!

This month we are highlighting In the Meadow and Going Global for our masculine birthday theme.  I chose the In the Meadow set because, 1- it's awesome! and 2 - it's carrying over to the new catalog!  Going Global is also another awesome set and you can still order it off the retiring list.

I'm also featuring one of the hostess sets called Happy Birthday, Everyone!  I wanted to make a few cards because I have a few guys in my family that have birthdays this month.


The DSP that I used here is the It's My Party Stack - This is definitely worth the big price.  Some of the best DSP ever - AND there's some great neutral colors mixed in with the bright cheerful stuff!


I chose the mountain scene - think it's pretty manly and it makes a great focal piece.
One with Basic Black Baker's Twine... 


and the other with Linen Thread.


I also wanted to make a gift box.  I stamped the tree image all around the Tag a Bag Gift Box.  These are such great boxes and I'm sad to see them retiring.  It's a good thing I have about 20 saved up!



I lightly stamped the trees on the tag and added the same DSP from the card.  I added some It's My Party Enamel Dots too.  


I cannot wait to give the box away!  I really do love those trees wrapped all the way around!

Thank you so much for joining me today!  You can go back to Kimberly's page, or on to the next - which is the talented Jennifer Downey!


Have a wonderful week!  I will be placing my preorder on Tuesday! YAY!  Can't wait to share some of the great stuff that's coming out in a month!

Blessings!
-Holly 

8 comments:

  1. Simple and gorgeous, Holly! Love the stamping on the side of the box--it looks fantastic! Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects Holly. The Happy Birthday Gift Tag and Gift Box are just gorgeous. D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards as always, my friend! The box is my favorite sample for that Hostess set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Wonderful cards and box! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creations Holly. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am blown away by how you have used a birthday themed stack of paper to create these masculine masterpieces. The details on the tag for the box are simple perfection and perfect. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly: I never would have thought to pair Mint Macaron with these neutral colors but it's AWESOMESAUCE! I love these cards and they're going on my "must CASE" list! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trees stamped on the box - brilliant I tell you! Just brilliant! What a way to transform it to add such visual interest!

    ReplyDelete