Thursday, January 19, 2017

Sending Love - Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome to the first Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop for the 2017 team!  I am still in shock that I get to type this post!  This is a dream come true for me!!  I am incredibly excited, honored and even a little nervous - but I think you will be happy with the creations we will share with you over the next year!  If you are wondering what the Artisan Design Team is all about, we are a group of 20 demonstrators from all over the world that get to inspire, create and share with you our creations made with Stampin' Up! product.  Be sure to use google translate in your language so that you don't miss out on anything important!

Just a little background on me - 
I've been married to my best friend Shawn for almost 10 years.  We met while we were both serving in the military.  We have lived in 5 states in 10 years and we now call Minnesota home.  We are both separated from the military and I stay home with our youngest two.  We have 3 precious little boys that keep me busy!
Other than my faith in Jesus, stamping gets me through the tough days and is my escape from the chaos!  I've been a SU! demonstrator for a little over 2 years now.  I absolutely love making, sending and receiving cards but my favorite thing to do is teach card classes.  I love to see everyone get creative - no matter what level of experience they have with card making.  It's always a fun time!  In my spare time I love to bake and cook, go to antique stores and spend time with family and friends.  So that's me in a nutshell!

But that's not why you're here, right?  Let's take a look at the two cards I created using products from the Sending Love suite.  You can find these on pages 14-15 in your Occasions Catalog or online through Stampin' Up!  


One of my favorite items from this suite is this small little envelope die from the Love Notes Framelits Dies.  Here I cut the envelope out of the Sending Love Glassine Sheets and slipped in the little stamped "love note" from the Sealed with Love stamp set.


Another use of the Sending Love Glassine Sheets is as a background layer.  I didn't want any tape showing through so I decided to sew the edges.  I also stamped the "love you lots" sentiment on the circle layer that was cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.

Isn't that little note the cutest?


I added a little bit of Linen Thread around the envelope and tied one of the little wooded hearts from the Sending Love Embellishments pack.


For my second card I wanted to create a background with this primitive heart stamp.  I am a lover of so many vintage things and this heart spoke to my heart! :)
I used Whisper White Craft Ink and stamped the image on the base layer.  The stamped image coordinates perfectly with another one of the wooden hearts from the embellishment pack.


Another great die is this arrow.  Arrows are still trending right now and I couldn't wait to use these dies.  I added some Whisper White grosgrain ribbon from the Sending Love Ribbon Combo Pack.  This ribbon ties very nicely and is easy to use!


I am so thankful that you stopped by my blog today!  I've been waiting for this day for a long time and I'm so glad I could share my creations with you!  Next up on the ADT blog hop is the lovely Jennifer Sootkoos from the USA.  Make sure you make your way around the entire hop - you won't be disappointed!


Blessings!
-Holly



Products Used:

19 comments:

  1. Well, I knew you would smash it Holly. You even pulled out a sewing machine! Two lovely projects. I am honored to be stamping with you this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, these are so darling! I am always thrilled to see your lovely creations, and you always inspire me. Look at the way you used the badge punch, love it!! And all of the other details. I am so happy to be sharing this ADT year with a fellow Minnesotan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cards! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sehr schön! Einfach und trotzdem so interessant! Die Farbkombi ist sehr schön! Liebe Grüße Maike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! Very beautiful!
    I look forward to our year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these Holly! I love how your wooden accent shares the same design as your heart stamp. So fun! I'm so happy to be able to share ADT with you this year! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are perfection, absolute perfection! And I'm loving your heart embossed panel...I have bought and thrown away under a box flap (I think) that folder THREE times. I'm so excited to create with you all year long! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! I adore the soft, sweet colour combo. Pure perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of these projects Holly! Thank you as always for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these projects Holly! Thank you as always for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two amazing cards, Holly! Love the colour combo too! So soft and subtle! So excited to be on the ADT with you this year! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this colour combo Holly, so pretty and gorgeous stitch detail too!
    Looking forward to sharing this year with you on the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are breathtaking. The softness is gorgeous. I love that you stitched the glassine paper and that you used it as a background. I am trying this once my order arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heidi: I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on your selection as a Stampin' Up Artisan! You projects are so beautiful! I love the soft colors. xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your first Artisan post! I love these Valentines--especially all of the layers. That Badge punch layer is genius--I thought I could get along without that punch. I guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these cards! Well done, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these cards!! What a great way to use this set with non-valentine's colors. :)

    ReplyDelete