Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Donut Forget - Paper Pumpkin Alternative

I'm not normally a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, but have really enjoyed the last two months.  When I heard May's kit was going to be cards, I signed up again for another month.  SU! also shared some clues for this month's theme which so happened to be DONUTS!  Awesome!  I decided to make an alternate card for this month's kit to share with you.


Earlier last month I created this donut using another stamp set, but didn't really have any sentiment to go with it.  When my kit arrived today I immediately went to my craft space and made this card!

If you're wondering where the glossy look comes from, it is simply a thin layer of glue from the Fine Tip Glue Pen. I sprinkled some of the Sprinkles Embellishments from the Occasions Catalog.


The gold thread and striped paper is also from the Paper Pumpkin kit this month.  The pink that you see is Powder Pink - one of the new in colors. :)


So since you're probably wondering where the donut came from - it's a set called Oh So Eclectic.  A few weeks back I shared with you a sneak peek at the new set coming out in June.  Some of you that have your hands on the new catalog will see it grace the cover.  I borrowed my MIL's set that she won last month at OnStage - since I don't have the set to show you, I hope you can get an idea from this card.


The watercolored flower layer (Bermuda Bay) is the same as the Early Espresso layer of icing in the donut card.  Pretty neat, huh?

I hope that you enjoyed this fun creation!  I am anxious to get the rest of my Paper Pumpkin kit put together and share that with you as well.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
-Holly

1 comment:

  1. Loved the donut card when I saw it on Instagram, Holly, so I had to share it! Thanks for inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete