Thursday, August 17, 2017

Sharing Sweet Thoughts Scrapbook Page - Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Welcome to another Artisan Design Team blog hop.  I'm so glad you're here! :)  If you came from Dani's blog, thank you for continuing on to my blog.  I always love what she makes!  We are a group of 20 demonstrators that represent Stampin' Up! and their amazing products - and twice a month we share creations with you!  Because we are a global team, be sure to use google translator as needed.

This month we are using a very special stamp set called Sharing Sweet Thoughts.  Each year Stampin' Up! designates a certain stamp set as the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) set and this year, Sharing Sweet Thoughts is the chosen set.  You can find this set on the last page of the catalog.

So what exactly does that mean? Stampin' Up donates time and money to support the Ronald McDonald House Charities.  To date, SU! has contributed over $1.5 million to RMHC and their network of local RMHC chapters.  When you purchase the Sharing Sweet Thoughts stamp set, Stampin' Up! donates $3(USD) to RMHC.

Pretty awesome reason to buy this set!  I've had the pleasure of working with the Las Vegas chapter while I lived in Nevada.  It's a wonderful charity that helps so many families in need.

Let's see what I've made with this cheerful set:


The stamp that caught my eye with this set was the strawberry stamp.  We've shared many memories of strawberry picking in many of the states we've lived in.  The boys and I really enjoy picking (and eating) strawberries. Don't they just taste sweeter freshly picked!?

I knew I wanted to make a scrapbook page documenting one of the many trips to the strawberry farm.  This particular trip was right after our youngest was born (not in pictures).  His brothers surely enjoyed the trip!


My favorite part of the page is the ruffled white on white background.  I cut a 12" x 6" piece of Whisper White Cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot twice with the Ruffled Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

I fussy cut a few of the strawberries that I colored with my Blender Pen and spread them out on the page.  Here I added one with in the corner with some of the adorable wooden hearts from the Hearts & Stars Elements pack.  These are great accessories for your Scrapbook/Memories & More pages.  I also added some of my favorite ribbon at the moment - the Night of Navy 1/2" Gingham Ribbon.  The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy and punched out with the Classic Label Punch.


I added some designer series paper (DSP) from the Delightful Daisy DSP and Birthday Memories DSP.  I also added a scalloped Real Red edge using the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch.


The jar stamp coordinates with the Everyday Jars Frameltis which makes cutting quick and easy.



I think the jelly jar lid stamp in this set is great!  I decided to match the ribbon and lid.  A little bit of Linen Thread and another Delicate White Doily and the page is complete.


I hope this brings some inspiration to you!  I love to make and share cards, but as a mom to (soon to be) 4 kids, I need to catch up on some much needed memory keeping.

One page at a time...

Please make your way around the entire hop and see the beautiful creations from my teammates.  I know you won't be disappointed!  Also consider helping the RMHC in your local area.  Donate your time or cards, maybe make a meal, or even purchase this set and support the Ronald McDonald House Charities directly.

Next up is the talented Jennifer Sootkoos!  As always, the list of the team is below.


Blessings,
Holly

10 comments:

  1. Soooo sweet & beautiful!
    The stamp set fits perfectly to the topic 😍!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY, VERY cute. Love that ruffled layer :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning layout Holly! Love all that white and then all the gorgeous elements. That ruffled embossed layer is a fabulous addition to add some more texture and I'm loving all your little touches from the Sharing Sweet Thoughts set. Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschön! Die Fotos passen ja wirklich perfekt zu diesem Layout *g* Liebe Grüße Maike (heute mal auf Deutsch 😁)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quelle belle page de scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful layout--perfect with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the details Holly, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable Holly! So cheerful. I love all the little details and also how you journeled in the Jar!

    ReplyDelete