Wednesday, April 29, 2015

(Another) Mother's Day Card - SUO Challenge

I feel like I've only made Mother's Day cards for the past few weeks!  I hope you aren't getting sick of seeing them either!  I know I have posted at least 3 times - once for my etsy shop, once with the OSAT Blog Hop and just this past Sunday with the current CYCI challenge.

But I have been wanting to do the SUO Challenge.  I noticed their site had been down and thought maybe they were done, but they're back!! Woohoo!  I've been trying to enter challenges lately because they really are fun to take on!  I like to be challenged and sometimes they can really help get the stampin' mojo flowing.  

I was happy when I stumbled upon the SUO challenge site.  I really like to stick to SU stamps only (I only own about 3 Neat & Tangled stamps and I love SU for their coordinating ribbons, colors, paper, etc.   Stampin' Up! only chaalenge?  :) yes, please!

So here is the card I came up with for the challenge!  I love the flower branch from the Indescribable Gift set.  There is only another month left to get it - and I certainly recommend it!  It's been more that an Easter set to me!


I also chose to use 3 of the 5 current in-colors.  While I will certainly miss the in-colors that are done in June, I am really starting to love the 2014-2016 colors.

I added some gold shimmer to the middle of the flowers and cut the petals to really give it a 3D look.


I saved the sentiment for the inside as to not take away from the beautiful flowers on the card front.  These sentiments are retired, but a favorite.  Moms surely do shape us into who we are today.  I know my mom did. <3


I hope you enjoyed this card!  You may or may not see ONE more post about Mother's Day :)

Happy stamping!
-Holly


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous!! Love the colors of the flowers and how you created the dimensional ones- great job!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is totally gorgeous! Love the colouring and the textured elements!! So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...love how you cut out and layered the flower...SOOOO pretty! Love the color too! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete