Thursday, April 16, 2015

Boys Will Be Boys & Pals Paper Arts Challenge

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today I have 3 cards for you - all featuring the Boys Will Be Boys stamp set from Stampin' Up!.  As a mom of three boys, this set was a must have.  I'm certainly glad I waited a bit to get it though because it was a weekly deal a few weeks ago.  Sometimes it's worth the wait! 
 
They also have 3 different backgrounds.  The first one is a neat coloring trick.  I stamped the robot in memento ink on whisper white and colored in between all of the robots with my light daffodil delight blendabilities.  These are no longer available to order, but what good are they if I don't use them??  The other option would be to buy a copic marker and do the same.
 
 
 
For the second one, I lined up the robot and stamped it vertically right onto the Lost Lagoon card base.  This was my 4yo son's favorite of the three.

 
I think that this card could pass for the sketch, but since it's not as close to the sketch as I'm sure the design team intended, I'm going to use my third card for the challenge.

 
For the last card and my very first Pals Paper Arts challenge entry, I used a piece of Sweet Taffy DSP for my background.  I thought the little hexagons went well with the robot. 
 
Here is the sketch for the challenge.  You can find the design team's inspiration here on the Pals Paper Arts page.
 
 
 
 
I added some basic black twine angled the sentiment to go with the sketch.  I also shaded the robot with smoky slate to give it some dimension. 

 
It was a hard choice of which one to enter.  I hope all three inspire you to have a little fun today!  Happy stamping :)
 
-Holly
 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


3 comments:

  1. I love love love your robot cards! The stamped backgrounds are terrific and so clever to color between the images! I am going to try that! Glad you shared the at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, all 3 cards are adorable!! I don't know how you'd choose either. They are all sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, these are adorable! Perfect for a young man's theme! Thanks so much for sharing with the PPA challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete