Sunday, April 19, 2015

Can You Case It? #66 - Designer's Choice

Happy Sunday everyone! I have some exciting news this morning!  I have joined my first design team with the "Can You Case It?" blog.  I am joining the team of the amazingly talented Justin!  If you're visiting from Justin's site (here) or the CYCI site, thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you enjoy the card I made for you.  :) 

This week at Can You Case It?, the design is up to YOU!  You can pick the layout, the colors, the accessories, etc.  I chose to make a baby card because they seem to be in high demand here in my town.  Must be something in the water... I hope not tho :) 


I kept the colors neutral using Sahara Sand, Whisper White and So Saffron.  I added some extra detail with the embossed layer.  This alphabets folder is a favorite of mine to use on baby cards.  


The inside I kept simple.  I love to add something extra in the inside and it's a great use of scraps.


So there you have it - my rookie design team post :) Special thanks to Justin for having faith in me to be on his team!  Hope you join us this week! 

Here is your challenge - head on over and play along!


And since most of you don't know me, here's a little bit about me...

Other than a SAHM if three awesome boys and wife to my best friend Shawn, I'm a card-making enthusiast.  I've been stamping for about 15 years now.  It's a hobby that I share with my mother and my mother in law.  My mom is my upline and it's a special bond we have.  I love art and being creative.  In fact, I enjoy anything from woodworking to sewing to cookie decorating, but stamping is where I feel home the most when it comes to a hobby.  I was a demonstrator from 2010-13, but more so as a hobbyist.  While I was in the military, I didn't gave much time to make it a business.  After going inactive for over a year, I resigned with SU! in November '14 and it's been a great first 5 months.  I have a monthly club, an etsy store and consign at a local flower shop.  I haven't had to dig into my savings yet which has really helped.  Anyway, I'm super excited to be on the CYCI team and look forward to helping others find their creativity! 

Off to church - Happy Sunday!! :)

-Holly

12 comments:

  1. Your "rookie" card is amazing! And as beautiful as the outside was, the inside was perfect with just that little touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly! First off, welcome to the team! Second...love your work and love this card. I never think to use part of an embossed piece. Gotta remember this. Again, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael - a welcome to you too! I love this embossing folder - sad to see it go!

      Delete
  3. Holly, Love it!! Welcome to the Design Team at CYCI!!! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the buttons on your card. They add the finishing touches to this masterpiece card. Your layers are absolutely perfect too. I'm so happy (literally beside myself) to be on the same design team as great talent such as yours. I'm tickled. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie - you are so sweet! (and talented too!) - excited to work along side with you!

      Delete
  5. Holly, this card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable! Great team challenge card this week. Love the added button and ribbon elements!

    ReplyDelete