Sunday, April 26, 2015

CYCI#67 A Mothers Day Edition

Good morning!  THANK YOU for your kind thoughts and welcoming words.  Last week was my first week as a design team member and I felt so welcomed!  So happy Sunday to you and thanks for stopping by :)  Sundays are my favorite day of the week because I get to go to church and relax all afternoon with my family. <3
  
The other reason is I love Sunday is because there is an all new Can You Case It? Challenge!  This week's challenge is all about mothers - moms, mums, mamas, grandmas.  You know, the lady who carried us, kissed our boo-boos, made us pb&js for breakfast, lunch and dinner because she loved us that much!  The bather, house cleaner, teacher, coach, cook…  Yep, that special lady!  

This is my third Mother's Day card that I've blogged about and it's not even May!  So I'll stop chatting about it and save it for my REAL Mother's Day post.  :)  

I hope that you can find inspiration from me or the other design team members so you can make a mother's day card too!  Will you join us this week?? I hope so!


Here is my card.  I used the (very loved) Daydream Medallions set that is on the retiring list.  The framelits are not retiring, so hopefully something that coordinates with them will be in the new catalog.  I also used a retired set (sorry) named Blooming with Love.  It's a really cute set and certainly one I will continue to hoard.  :)



I used Kraft Cardstock for the card base to match the window box.  I love these little boxes and will miss them too!  It's always so hard saying goodbye to favorite products but the new stuff is always just as good, right?! :)


I added dimension to the Lost Lagoon flower and wrapped the box with coordinating ribbon.  My mom loves this hand cream and they fit perfectly in the box!  (The lavender is amazing by the way…)


As for the tag, you may notice is looks a little longer.  The trick is to stamp the image, run the tag half way for the top, line it up with the bottom of the image and then run it through the other half.  You can see the step by step photo here.  The words are from two different stamps out of the From the Garden set.  Isn't photopolymer awesome?!  It's so easy to line them up.  Add some twine and we're done!  


So there you have it - another mother's day card to inspire.  Now it's YOUR turn!  Head on over to the Can You Case It? site and get started!

Remember to pin your favorites!  Have a great week!
-Holly


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments: