Monday, April 13, 2015

Fab Friday Challenge - Painted Petals


Lucky you! I have another post for today :)  I was looking through the challenge pages I have saved on my ipad and thought, I haven't tried one in awhile.   Well, get ready!  I have about 4 challenges I want to enter before the end of the week! :)  You might get double posts all week!

The challenge I'm sharing today is from the Fab Friday blog.  You can find it here along with the design team's samples.  It's a subtles color challenge.  Sure makes you think Spring! 


Here is my card that I based off of the colors.  I absolutely LOVE the Painted Petals stamp set.  It's probably my favorite and most used set from the Occasions Catalog. 


I kept the inside fairly simple - but I like to stamp the inside to make it special too! 


 The sentiment I chose from the set means a lot to me.  For the 9+ years that I served in the military, 6 of them were away from any relative.  Our friends truly became our family.  We lived in Arkansas, Alaska & Nevada - and my husband and I both spent time in the Middle East.  
I will always cherish each friendship!


The front was sprayed with some "smooch spritz" that I found spring cleaning last week!  I forgot all about this stuff!  SU! should totally bring it back :)  

I hope you enjoyed this extra post - thanks so much for stopping by and thanks to the design team at FF for the challenge!!

-Holly 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

7 comments:

  1. Holly - this is so lovely! It's a beautiful look at the colors, and you've pulled just the right touches together - inside and out! Thanks so much for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layering and the colors work so nicely to make a soft and feminine card. I love that sentiment! Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mindy! Hope your little man is doing well!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card!! Love the flowers and the Smooch!! (Vanilla Smooch is current on page 210 - I only know because I saw it the other day and was surprised as I'd thought it was retired) Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Brenda! Good to know! I got a ton at a yard sake for 10c each. (It was Jill Olsen's daughter) .. Glad you like the card! Fun challenge!

      Delete
  4. The flowers are such a nice subtle background for your sentiment! Lovely! The smooch spray is just the right amount of sparkle! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete