Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ten Minute Tuesday - Just Add Ink Challenge

Well it's Tuesday which means two things: Monday is over (yay!) and it's Ten Minute Tuesday!  Now these cards may seem a little more involved than a ten minute card, but I have a few tips to speed things up.  I also am playing along with the talented group of stampers from Just Add Ink for their color challenge. 




You will see that I tried two different masking techniques.  This first one I stamped the two dahlias along the edges and then stamped another on a separate piece of cardstock so I could cut it out and adhere with dimensionals.  Cutting the dahlia might be the most time consuming part that of your ten minutes.


I chose the smoky slate color for my card base and ribbon.



For the next masking technique I first stamped the dahlia on a separate sheet and cut it out.  Then I stamped in the corner, covered it and stamped a dahlia on each side.  I covered them a little bit more to add my smoky slate splatter.




So there you have it!  Two cards that take less than ten minutes (each) to make!  

Here are some tips that I have for you to make your cards come together a little quicker.

1  -  Have your card bases and layers of whisper white/very vanilla precut.  This saves a ton of time! 
2  -  If you have the dahlia set (or any set you want to mask often), keep the piece you have cut out and use it over and over.  Mine was already cut, but I still cut a new one to see if I could keep things under ten minutes.
3  -  To get the two tone look - VERY IMPORTANT to stamp your lighter color first then "rock/roll" the edges of your stamp gently in the darker color.  ALSO, clean between each flower!

I hope you all enjoyed the technique and tips :)  Happy Stamping!

-Holly




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. These cards are beautiful Holly and I really love the little ribbon tucked into the side! Thanks for joining us this week over at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dahlia's look gorgeous rock and rolled Holly - it adds so much depth. Both cards turned put lovely! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to use the challenge colours, Holly. Your dahlias look great with the two colours & the clean, simple layout really helps them shine.
    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week. Di :-)

    ReplyDelete