Friday, April 24, 2015

Weekly Deals Highlight - So You Photopolymer


You know what is great about having your mom as your upline?  We get to share stamp sets!! (There are other perks too, but this one is up there!) :)  My mom and dad were here to visit and my mom brought along a few stamp sets I don't own.  And I'll be honest, I was stumped with the So You Photopolymer but really liked the "Smile" stamp.  

I sat down last night and thought, why not watercolor and just keep it simple?  :)  I started by coloring the two backgrounds with just calypso coral and so saffron.  Then a little voice told me, why not add some coastal cabana? It's all ready to go in the spritzer.. Just do it.. 


Sometimes I need to not listen… I was smart to spritz the back, but not smart enough.  It bled through and I had to continue on from there.  I added the "you make me" and covered the darker purple spot.  I guess it'll grow on me!  


I added some calypso coral ribbon and a button from the sweet dreams pack.  (The buttons are also a weekly deal and they. are. adorable…)


The second care I kept simple.  I embossed the "smile" in white and frayed the edges.  Make sure your Watercolor paper is dry before you stamp your image and emboss.  You can speed up the drying process by using your heat gun.

Two similar cards yet with two different finishing touches.  I hope you like them!  Thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend!

-Holly




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment