Thursday, May 21, 2015

It's a Stellabration! - Custom Invites for Stella

I have been waiting and waiting to share these with you all!  I was asked by one of my sweet friends from Vegas if I would make invitations for her daughter Stella's first birthday.  I had never made invitations for someone other than a relative, so I was excited to make them!  Her mom asked for light pink and golds so I had the perfect plan.  I think the colors go well with this cutie pie, don't they? 


The colors I chose were Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla & Gold.  I also used Gold Glimmer paper & Brushed Gold CS. The first thing I did was stamp the Very Vanilla layer with the Dotty Angles.  I used Crisp Cantaloue (stamped off once).  Then for the details section of the card, I added the "Date, Time, Place" stamp in versamark and embossed it with gold emboss powder.  (I also used this stamp for Drew's party invites - it's a great stamp to own if you make invites often.  It's a retiring stamp that I will surely miss!)


Here is a shot of the "prep".  I had to do a LOT of cutting for the banners.  I was not complaining that I only had to make 16 invites because each card had 6 banners on them! :) 


The "1" is from the Blue Ribbon stamp set and the "You're Invited" is from Four Your Party.  I embossed everything in gold - even the envelope.  I carried the Dotty Angles dots over to the envelope as well.  I just love when things coordinate!


Now if you're wondering where the "Stellabration" came from, that would be the uh-ma-zing Alphabet Rotary stamp.  This is such a wonderful addition to my stamp hoarding collection and I cannot recommend it enough!


These invites were a lot of work, but they were a lot of fun to see come together.  I even joked that it made me consider trying for a girl!  Either that or my future daughter-in-laws better let me do the wedding invites :) 

I think my husband would prefer the latter, haha!


I wanted to package these extra special for my friend.  I know I would love to have received this!  I added the gold marker so she could finish the invites with an extra touch of gold.


I can't wait to see party pictures!  I know Miss Stella's mom will make it look fantastic!
Happy Birthday little one!  <3

-Holly


(Below are all the supplies needed for these invitations.  Please note that some of these items are retiring and are while supplies last.  Note: the brushed gold CS is already sold out and no longer available.) 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

  1. These invitations totally rawk!!! Love the triple banners. :)

    ReplyDelete