Saturday, May 23, 2015

Roadtrip Snacks

My husband is playing hockey this weekend in an Armed Services tournament.  He's playing with one of his best friends that we met while we were stationed in Alaska.  Kyle always says how much he misses my baking - particularly my brownies - so I wanted to surprise Kyle with some treats.  Plus baking and stamping make me happy!

I'm not sure how good these will be for his stamina, but I'm thinking a (post game) snack will be fine! :)

Before I get to the stamped projects, let me just share with you this yummy Blueberry Banana Bread.  I found it on pinterest and it was pretty tasty!  I made two loaves because I had a lot of bananas to use up, so I thought I would send some bread with my husband to share.   

 
Look at the sweet sugar sprinkled on top!  Good thing I went running :)

 
For the bag of banana bread, I used the Angled Topper punch.  Make sure you grab one while you can because they're retiring!  The die-cut letters are also retiring which was a total bummer.  I got them in the mail the same day the retiring list came out.  It was my half price item.  Yuck!  BUT... there's lots of NEW stuff on this tag too!  Like those little stitched looking lines? Yep, new set.  It's called Bohemian Borders and you can order it June 2nd!  I stamped the borders in Cucumber Crush (new in-color) & Pacific Point and added a "splash" of Tangelo Twist. 

 
 
Now for Kyle's favorite brownies I wrapped the box in the new Envelope Paper.
 

 
The sentiments are from "Num Num" and the Alphabet Rotary stamp.  I love how you can make anything with that stamp!
 
 
Thank you for swinging by this Saturday!  See you tomorrow for CYCI Sunday!
 
Happy Stamping,
Holly
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment