Saturday, June 6, 2015

CYCI73 - A Color Challenge

 
I hope you are having a great weekend!  If this is your first time to my blog - welcome!  Every Sunday, I post alongside some very talented stampers at Can You Case It?  I love being a part of the design team - even if life is busy!  In fact, I have 3 challenges to post for this week all as a design team member AND the moving boxes in our house are piling up!  But no worries - my stamps are staying out of the boxes for now!
 
There is always time to stamp! :)  It's my little break from the chaos!
 
This week's challenge over at CYCI is a color challenge.  When I saw the graphic below I was excited!  They look so pretty... But I soon found out I was having quite the challenge making it work.
 
http://wp.me/p4g33G-uV
 
Nonetheless, this is what I made for you all today to help inspire you so you'll want to play along!
 
 
If you don't notice the DSP right away, look a little closer.
 
 
Yep, you guessed it! The Typeset DSP is a favorite and I am so giddy that it carried over!  I colored this same pattern with a Daffodil Delight marker for my son's construction themed birthday party.  All you need are the markers!
 
Here is the inside:
 
 
 I have a bonus card today too!  This was actually the original card I made for the challenge.  I liked this one a lot because it's super simple.  I like how soft the colors look here too - it'll be the perfect wedding card for my friends who are getting married TODAY!
 
Well perfect if it were delivered and not sitting on my desk! :)
 
 
The background is made with the Sahara Sand and Blushing Bride markers.  The skinny black line and squiggly stitching is made with the PL journaling marker.
 
 
My advice for the "doodles" is to just do it quick without thinking.  If you draw too slow it won't look freeflowing :) (Hope that makes sense...)
 
The inside said congratulations and I drew a little heart for the new Mr. & Mrs!
 
 
Hope you stop over and check out all of the other design team's creations and take time to play along!
 
And be sure to check back tomorrow!  I have a brand new challenge to share with you!
Happy Stamping! 

-Holly



**Prices shown below have not updated with new catalog prices.  Please shop through my link to see the pricing.**
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
 


 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
If you do not have a current demo, I would love for you to be in the running to win this prize!  But I do ask that if you have a current demonstrator that you shop through them - even if they don't have a cool prize to win. :)  BUT... if you don't have a demo, here's the scoop!  Now through June 16th, spend $50 (before tax & shipping) and you will be entered to win this prize pack worth over $25!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment