Friday, May 13, 2016

A Sweet Inspiration for PP294 and TGIFC55

Happy Friday everyone!  I've been anxious to share pictures of the cake I made this past weekend for Mother's Day, but I first wanted to make a card inspired by the colors.  I am a huge fan of i am baker and recently saw her similar cake on Instagram account and knew that was the cake I wanted to make.




Since I'm a mom of three little boys, I don't get to make pretty cakes too often.  This one was a lot of fun to make and I must say - I was pretty dang proud.  
So how about the card to match?  Well, while I was scrolling through some challenge sites, I came across this one at The Paper Players - pretty awesome right!?  I didn't even NEED to pick the colors, they did it for me! :)
I still think I will make a card with the blue added in... I'm thinking Pool Party?


I'm also showcasing our new sketch over at TGIF Challenges.  It's my week off so I thought I'd just make a card with the sketch anyway.   And please forgive me - I did not use just Stampin' Up! products.  I'm about 99.9% SU, but every once in awhile I find something I love that isn't SU.  This die from Concordand9th was too awesome to pass up!


First up is my card for The Paper Players:


I love this framelit and the sentiment :) So cute!  I wanted it to stand out with a solid background so I stamped the images from Choose Happiness on the white cardstock.


For the TGIF card, I wanted to use the same colors and same stamp set.  I took the letters that came out of the previous card and used them instead of tossing them.


To line the sentiment up just right, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  Really pleased with how both turned out!


I will say though, my cake was better than my cards! :) Make sure you head to both sites and play along!  The Paper Players one ends TODAY but you have until next Thursday for TGIFC55.  

Have a great weekend!
-Holly 


3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful...what a fun way to use the die and florals! BUT THE CAKE!!! My mouth is watering, it is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing both the cake AND the card at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly both of these cards are gorgeous and amazing! I love the four seperate images on the second, and the amazing die cuts on the first. And that cake!!! Way too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and PS, thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete