Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day - You Are Made of Wonderful for GDP035


What a beautiful Mother's Day!  It was warm, sunny and filled with so much joy and love.  And sick kids... 
At 5am this morning our middle son woke up crying.  He had thrown up in his bed.  By 9am he was on his second bath of the morning and our youngest wasn't feeling the greatest either.  Lots of clean up and cuddles before church.  But the kids are feeling much better and I wouldn't trade the yucky parts of the best job in the world for anything!

I hope you had a wonderful Sunday too!  We spent the day with my husbands parents, grandparents and his aunt and uncle and cousin. Good food, cake (more on that later this week), fun at the park and a campfire.  God is good and I'm grateful for His many blessings.

I wanted to share with you the card I made for my sweet Mother-in-law.  I absolutely love this new technique I discovered last week.  You can stretch and smash the Honeycombs and make a very cool embellishment.


The calligraphy "mom" is not Stampin' Up! but I love it too much not to use it! :)


For the cards background and the heart around "mom", I used the Project Life stamp set called Memories in the Making.  I love the little cluster of swirls - it makes such a fun background!  You don't have to use the PLxSU sets just for your scrapbook pages...

I am entering this card in this week's "Project Life" theme challenge over at the Global Design Project.

Hopefully by mid-week I can start a page for the challenge too!  I took lots of cute pictures of the boys yesterday.  Sure is great being their momma! :)

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day! 
Blessings to you!
-Holly 





6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Mothers Day card Holly. I love that you used a Project Life stamp set for a card and not a PL layout. Just goes to sow the versatility of these sets! Thanks for playing with us again at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PL cardmakers unite! I super love using PL cards for backgrounds, it's just like a handy piece of DSP already cut to size! When I looked back for links for this challenge, I actually surprised myself how often I do it. I digress... back to your stunning card! That colour palette is to die for and you are SO clever to use the honeycomb embellishment this way! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you do oozes amazing-ness Holly. I will admit that I love PL for cardmaking too. And sounds like you have a fabulous Mothers Day after the all the kids sickness...I wouldn't trade it either, but some days can be tough! I hope they are feeling better. Thank so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week and sharing your gorgeous creation with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.. such a great card. Everthing works perfect together. Thanks for playing with us this week.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Holly! It's all so soft and sweet - lovely. Hope your son is feeling better. Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project theme challenge - glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you explain what you mean by "smashing a honeycomb?" what is a honeycomb? thanks. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete