Thursday, September 8, 2016

Eli's First Day of Kindergarten

Wow... did this really just happen?

Our oldest boy just left for his first day of school!
I can hardly believe how fast time has gone when I look at a picture like this.  He melts my heart!

We almost missed our bus! I should've planned a little better to be out there at least 10 minutes early.  We were running down the driveway but Eli was still all smiles. I didn't get to pray WITH him as I had planned, but I covered him in prayers on my walk back. We are so blessed by The Lord with our fun, smiling and caring boy. Eli is happy and now I'm looking forward with some time with our other boys. 
Praising God for all He has done!



My mother is one of the most creative people I know.  I know she would've done this sort of thing for us but I cherish the memory of our "first day of X grade" being written on a plain composition notebook. - nothing fancy - no chalkboards, no pinterest printouts...

But I also love to create and decided last minute that I wanted to make him a sign instead of doing the notebook.  I made this last night at 1030! (yawn!)


I used the Layered Letters Alphabet for my letters.  I sponged the black cardstock with Whisper White craft ink and framed the chalkboard with strips of Soft Suede cardstock that I stamped the Hardwood background stamp on.

I added the cute little apple tree using the Thoughtful Branches bundle.  This was a special only for the month of August, but when I looked last night, this item was still in stock and available.  If you'd like to order your own set, you can order it here.

The "adventure awaits" flag comes from the stamp set Places You'll Go.  


I also stamped this sentiment from the same stamp set.


One other thing that I made was this little lunch box note using the Foxy Friends bundle.  When Eli went to pre-k 2 years ago he had a very special teacher that read this book to the kids on their first day of school.  I had never heard of it, but it became an instant favorite.  We read it again last night and I knew I wanted to make this to remind Eli in the middle of his day that we love him!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

Blessings,
Holly

1 comment: