Friday, December 16, 2016

Wintry Blues for TGIFC86

I'm not quite to the point where I'm feeling blue about all of the snow and cold weather, but if you ask me this weekend I might change my mind.  We are supposed to get 5" of snow this afternoon and Saturday's overnight low is -24 with a windchill of -40... I think we will be streaming our church service live in our pjs!

So to go along with today's forecast, the new challenge over at TGIF Challenges is "Let It Snow".  
So appropriate :)  Be sure to click here to see the rest of the design team's creations and play along!


Forgive me for my poor lighting.  It's after 11pm and I just got back from Christmas shopping.  Santa only works when 3 little kids are in bed, right?

For the background, I embossed the snowflake from the Stitched with Cheer stamp set onto watercolor paper.  Then I used two different coloring techniques - Pool Party with my Aqua Painter and Bermuda Bay in the Spritzer.


I added some silver splatter by mixing Tombow Glue and water with my Aqua Painter, adding some Silver Emboss Powder and heat setting it with the Heat Tool.


For the sentiment, I used my Pool Party and Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Markers.  The sentiment is from Wonder of Christmas.


I hope you enjoyed this card!  If you're in for a snowy weekend, stay warm!

Blessings,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment