Friday, February 24, 2017

A Succulent Pop & Twist Birthday for TGIFC96

Happy Friday everyone!  It's a beautiful, sunny (and COLD) day here in Minnesota.  I hope you're ready to play along with a new challenge at TGIF Challenges.  We had over 20 entries last week and they were all great to see!  This week we are honoring the lovely Bibi Cameron - she has recently left her job as a SU! demonstrator, but she is still worthy of admiration - she truly is gifted!

Bibi is one of the BEST at watercoloring flowers - or making floral cards in general.  Make sure to check out her website for inspiration!

Yesterday we celebrated my beautiful mother-in-law Linda.  She turned 60 so I knew I wanted to make a very special card.  I decided to (finally) try a Pop & Twist card.  I've seen so maybe over the past year but have yet to try one.  Linda likes fun folds and techniques so I needed to make it for her.

 
I focused mainly on the Oh So Succulent Photopolymer Bundle except for the front of the card's sentiment which is from the Milestone Moments.  The "sixtieth" fits perfectly in the banner framelit from the Large Number Framelits Dies.


The Succulent Garden DSP and Succulent Garden 3/8" Ribbon Combo Pack finish off the front.


If you are not familiar with the Pop & Twist card, here is the video I watched.  It was a lot less complicated than it looks!



I altered the sentiment a little since the front of the card had "happy birthday" on the front too.




Thank you so much for stopping by!  Please take a moment to play along this week at TGIF Challenges!

Blessings,
Holly

1 comment:

  1. wow Holly, This is stunning. Love your work and is such an honour to have had the chance to work together to promote this passion for papercraft. We will keep in touch anyway. Lots of love for you and your family. X Bibi

    ReplyDelete